I’m Chance Henry, a country boy who grew up in Mermentau Cove. I was raised and nurtured by this community, and now my wife Taylor and I are raising our own family here. We want our children to grow up surrounded by those same strong, conservative values, in a thriving community where they can find opportunity.
We’ve found success right here in Acadia Parish, where I own and operate an insurance business in the heart of downtown Crowley. As a small business owner, I know firsthand what it’s like to make a payroll, to serve customers and meet their needs, to plan for the future and ride out the highs and lows of our economy. And I know what it’s like when government gets in the way.
In my time serving on the Acadia Parish Policy Jury, I worked to keep government out of our way, and to keep it focused on the job of serving our citizens. Period. We cut waste, streamlined services and turned our attention to growing our economy, attracting new business and new jobs.
And that’s what I’d like to do as your next State Representative for District 42 – to serve as your voice at the State Capitol, bringing our values with me to Baton Rouge. Because now’s the time for a new generation of leadership.
I look forward to getting to know you over the next few months, and hope to earn your vote in the October 14th Election.
- Lifelong Republican, Small Business Owner
- Acadia Parish Policy Jury President
- Married father of two, Parishioner of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, Mermentau
- Past President and Board Member, Acadia Parish Chamber of Commerce
- Istre Cemetery Board of Directors
- Cadien Toujours, founding member, board of directors 2016-2020
- Member, Crowley Rotary Club and Knights of Columbus
- Acadia Parish Planning Commission, former member
- Acadia Parish Republican Executive Committee, former member
- Supporter of the CCA, Ducks Unlimited, NRA and NFIB
- Regularly supports non-profits as volunteer auctioneer for fundraising events